Monday, February 20, 2012

Picture Magnets (made from baby food jar lids)


Pin It


I've found, yet again, another way to reuse those baby food jars
by making picture magnets out of the lids.

It was pretty easy to do and I used was:
  • Lids from baby food jars.
  • Cardboard
  • Pictures
  • Magnet disks
  • Mod Podge and E6000 or craft glue
  • and Scrapbook paper

I started off by using the smaller side of the lids (the very top) as my stencil and traced 6 circles onto a small piece of cardboard. Then, I used the same side of the lids (instead of tracing) I just used the X-acto  knife to cut out the pictures.

 Note: in this picture the lid is the wrong way.
You will need to trace it the other way in order for the cardboard to fit inside the lid.
I learned this the hard way :-)


After that, I pushed the small rounds of cardboard paper into the lids.
I put a small amount of Mod Podge on the back of the pictures and glued them to the cardboard. 
I applied about 3 layers of Mod Podge on top of the pictures, letting it dry in between.



When they were dry, I flipped them over and used E6000 glue to glue the 1" magnetic disks to the back.


I also decided to use some scrapbook paper and the X-acto knife to cut strips for the sides of the lid. 
I used Mod Podge to glue them on and to coat the top.


And that's all! Super easy, so cute,
but best of all: I just used stuff from around the house!


15 comments:

  1. With custom picture magnet you can upload your photo of wedding couple and you can also add wedding date and get it print online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you print the pictures & what size? ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very useful post. I loved to read your whole post and its seems an informative post. Thanks for sharing with us..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get pictures printed like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love everything you do, it's all just so quirky and makes me smile! so glad you shared :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool ideas you have there! Definitely have to make any one of those.

    small magnets

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very innovative post. Thanks for sharing this post. I should try this at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some honest ideas about the picture frame share here I really get many information and discovered most peoples will agree with your blog.

    picture frames for baby

    ReplyDelete
  9. you can upload your photo or contact us and we will give you your 3D image free of cost you can reach us at http://www.giftipedia.com get it print online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes I like your 3D Gift idea it is unique and amazing just loving it Thanks Giftipedia.com

      Delete
  10. Impressed alot.I really like your blog.
    Thanks for the post. Fridge Magnet Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.เมนู อาหาร เด็ก

    ReplyDelete